Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Secretary's Visit to Olcott

Entrance Gateway to Olcott
At the beginning of August this past summer, I was in the Chicago area and decided to visit National Headquarters in Wheaton on my way back to Buffalo. I had never been there, and neither had many of our members, so I took pictures to share with our group when I got back in order to illustrate the experience. I was very impressed by the beauty of the building and must commend Betty Bland and the entire staff responsible for the upkeep of Olcott. It is truly a place worthy of representing Theosophy in America, from the mural in the entrance to the relics, the art, the photographs and the warm and receptive staff, it is a place of many treasures. I had the privilege of speaking with and being guided through the building by Michelle Barry, who gave me an extensive tour. I also had the pleasure of meeting Betty Bland and several other members of the staff. Thank you all for being so warm and welcoming!



Images : Danielle Carlo Secretary of the TS in Buffalo and Betty Bland, August 2010; Mural detail; Olcott façade in shadows.


No comments: